HERITAGE PROJECT ACCOUNTS
Our project is at the finish line
The Aim of the project was to provide a Community Hub which would:
- Undertake the necessary fabric restoration work and reconfiguration of the B listed building and its associated buildings
- Create a multifunctional complex to meet the intergenerational and interdenominational needs of the community
- Create a facility to exhibit and promote the heritage of the Garden City
- Encourage citizenship and pride in the community
This meant creating:
- A flexible worship hall and multi-use conference venue providing capacity for circa 200 people.
- A dynamic Rosyth Heritage Exhibition space.
- A nursery/crèche and enclosed garden.
- A memorial wall.
- Full disabled access.
- Lettable office/studios.
- A café and training catering kitchen.
- Meeting rooms/space/increased storage space.
- Environmentally sustainable heating.
To achieve this we applied for lottery funding for the first phase which comprised of essential repair work at a cost of £380,000. In June of 2012 we were awarded a first round pass of £25,000 from Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) to progress the project to the next stage, planning permission accurate costing, tendering and raising matched funding. The next stage was to submit a phase 2 application in June of 2013 to HLF. We needed the help of all our members, local community, businesses as well as our grant funders. We continue to need this help as our plans progress – the renovation of the church building is not the end.